At AdAction, you’ll be working with an innovative group of performance marketers in the ever changing AdTech industry. Our goal is to drive quality traffic at scale for our clients with a primary focus of driving real value for our end consumers. At the heart of everything that drives AdAction are the people who work here and strive to make an impact on the success of the business.
Our people love working at AdAction because they’re challenged by unique and difficult problems in a nimble startup environment that’s backed by six plus years of success in performance marketing. Our employees also enjoy perks and benefits like:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Up to 6% 401k match with no vestment period
- Generous PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Monthly team outings and happy hours
- Easy access to downtown Denver
- Weekly catered lunch
AdAction Interactive is seeking a savvy Lead Data Engineer to power our growing team of analytics experts. They will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Lead Data Engineer will support our Product, Tech and Data teams and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Design data systems capable of ingesting massive volumes of data using Python, Unix and Apache Spark.
- Integrate data engineering platform with upstream and downstream systems via APIs, messaging queues (Kafka, ActiveMQ), and file transfers.
- Employ automation techniques to scrape websites to aid our business in the mining, analysis and discovery of data.
- End to end management of data engineering including data design, data mapping, development, documentation, quality assurance, code reviews and change control.
- Find opportunities for standardization to improve and streamline operational and processing capabilities.
- Mentor and teach other data engineers.
- Continually improve our scalable data analysis process methodology and supporting tools.
- Partner closely with other cross-functional team members to translate business needs and product capabilities into successful integrations.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in a software development or data engineering/integration role.
- Strong experience with web scraping methods, techniques and libraries.
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- Experience writing Python code for data (or similar scripting language) processing, and navigating Unix or Linux.
- Strong experience in Postgres and redshift
- Strong knowledge of APIs, SDKs, scripting, messaging/event driven systems and ETLs
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, Redshift, RDS, Kinesis)